Labeling, Coding, and Marking for Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals, and Medical Devices
The Healthcare Industry is heavily mandated to identify and code products and packaging systems. Manufacturers are required to code directly on an item (glass, bottles, jars, slides, syringes, blister packing, UDI, serialization, or other items), their packaging, or both. The specifics of the code are often driven by FDA requirements or other industry regulations.
Most common applications include a lot code and a best before date. Recent trends toward anti-counterfeiting add another level of complexity to coding requirements such as serialization, use of UV inks, and covert coding. Common challenges include:
- Handle a wide variety of packaging sizes, shapes, and substrates, all while keeping high speed production lines moving.
- Seamless integration of labeling, and coding systems with other production equipment.
- Traceability of products to enable immediate response should a recall be initiated.
- Ensure correct Serialization, UDI, and product security codes on multiple levels of packaging.
- Coding on labels and various locations.
ID Technology's range of labeling, marking and coding solutions enables you to achieve safe and reliable identification on a wide range of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, or medical device products or packaging, including:
- Coding Systems and Machines for Healthcare
- Marking Machines and Equipment for Healthcare
Our continued innovation and expertise, as well as an understanding of the important issues manufacturers face, allow us to offer products and solutions to meet your specific needs.
Labeling, Coding, and Marking Solutions
Metals & Foils
Laser on Labels
Thermal inkjet (TIJ) and Continuous inkjet (CIJ) solutions for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical product and package coding:
- Consistently clear coding.
- Print text, graphics and bar codes on a range of substrates.
- Large selection of color inks including Industry and FDA-compliant Food Grade Inks.
- Thermal sensitive color change inks and steam sterilizable inks.
- Code anywhere from cap to bottom of containers.
Variable Info Printing
Thermal transfer overprinter (TTO) solutions for printing variable information on medical device, healthcare products, and packaging:
- Sharp, clear images.
- Performs on high speed lines.
- Production speed of intermittent and continuous motion vertical and horizontal form, fill and seal machinery.
Laser solutions for coding your medical devices, products, or packaging:
- Works on various materials including paper, cardboard, glass, and wood.
- No consumables needed - low operating costs.
- High quality codes on high speed production lines.
Pressure sensitive label application of prime or print and apply labels on your products or packaging:
- Inline or standalone prime labeling systems.
- High speed application.
- Enclosures and custom made equipment protects labeling in messy and washdown environments.
Labels for Products
High quality prime and secondary labels for healthcare, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and medical device products:
- Blank-thermal labels for nutrition labels.
- Any shape and for all product surface types.
- Proven performance in water rinses, chemical contact, abrasion, changes in temperature.
High resolution marking on cartons:
- Flexible, high resolution marking on porous or nonporous surfaces.
- Eliminate the need for preprinted cartons with printing on demand.
- Print cartons on demand with up-to-date or industry mandated information.
ID Technology, the labeling, coding and marking specialists, offers a complete line of solutions used in a wide range of industries for primary and secondary packaging identification and information. Our industry experience and team of expert engineers, managers, and technicians combine to ensure your system performs efficiently and effectively in your environment.