ID Technology's 252CTL case taping and labeling system is a well-proven product with many successful installations. This system accomplishes taping and labeling of a shipping case in a small area, using a Wexxar Bel case taper and ID Technology print and apply labeler integrated into one machine.
The new CTP version is designed for customers that prefer to use a direct-to-case printing system for their cases rather than labels.
Using either a Bel 150 or 250 case taper as the base unit, the CTP system utilizes the ClearMark™ HR industrial case printing system for printing GS1 barcodes, text, and graphics onto corrugated cases.
The printer mounts are integrated with the belt assembly of the taper unit - when the machine is adjusted for different width cases, the printer positions adjust with it.
Supported Case Tapers (videos)
BEL 150 semi-automatic case taper
Simplify your Packaging Line
The CTP system simplifies your packaging line by combining closing and printing shipping cases into a single operation.
Corrugated cases are sealed on the Wexxar Bel case taper, which then accurately presents them to one or more ClearMark HR printheads, which add barcodes, text, and graphics as needed.
- Easy Adjustment for Various Box Sizes
- Small Footprint
- Reliable Hugger Belt Drive
- Up to four ClearMark HR printers
- Can be configured for one or two-sided printing of the cases.
Reduce Down Time
The CTP system is designed to minimize service, maintenance, and box size adjustments.
- The CTP allows ease of maintenance and tool-free changeovers.
- When adjusting the case taper for different product widths, the labeling head is automatically adjusted - reducing the setup time.
- Ink for the ClearMark HR printheads can be replenished while the system is running - no need to stop.
Engineered for Secondary Packaging
Designed with your packaging line in mind.
- Combining two operations into one, the CTP takes up less space than standard machines.
- Changing case sizes is fast and easy - reducing downtime and improving OEE.
- Handling a wide range of case sizes and labeling configurations to accommodate every product change.
- Printed barcodes comply with GS1 standards.
- Ensuring margins are maintained by increasing overall efficiency.
- Keeping up with labeling and barcode demands from large customers.
- Being able to increase production without the need for larger facilities.
- CTP integrates case sealing and printing in one unit. This reduces set-up time between jobs, keeping unproductive downtime to a minimum.
- Using ClearMark HR printers ensures high-quality barcodes every time that meet GS1 and your customer's standards.
- Combining the case selling and printing operation into one machine reduces the amount of floor space needed - especially important when adding capacity to an existing plant.
- Dealing with demands for increased production.
- Reducing downtime and improving OEE efficiency on the packaging line.
- Training requirements for operators and technicians.
- Being confident that the data printed on the labels is correct, every time.
- The CTP is a highly efficient solution for sealing and printing corrugated cases. Combining these operations, minimizes set-up time when changing pack sizes (there is a single width adjustment for the complete system) and ensures maximum throughput.
- The faster set-ups with the CTP help reduce unplanned downtime, which can help with your line OEE. There is no need to stop for ink replenishment.
- Since the CTP system uses familiar components from Wexxar and ID Technology, training on the system is fast and simple for maintenance technicians and for line operators. In addition, ID Technology service techs are all PMMI Certified Trainers, ready to get your team up and running quickly.
- ID Technology's NiceLabel software application can automate data flow to your print formats - eliminating human errors and reducing set-up time.
Operators & Technicians
- As packaging equipment has become more complicated, the demands on maintenance technicians and line operators have increased.
- Training on new equipment can take a long time and is not always very comprehensive.
- Management always wants less downtime and less time spent on changeovers.
- The CTP system uses industry-standard products that technicians and operators will likely be familiar with. Combining the case sealing and printing function creates a single solution that keeps things simple for everyone.
- The technicians at ID Technology have all passed the PMMI Certified Trainer program, meaning they can help you quickly learn how to operate and maintain the equipment. In addition, the network of local technicians means that help is always nearby if needed.
- The CTP system is designed so that there is a single adjustment for different width boxes. This results in faster changeovers, keeping downtime low and reducing stress on the operators.
Contact an ID Technology Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an ID Technology account manager today to learn how our labeling and coding automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.