The Macsa SPA is the first modular coding and marking laser. SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) is a basic laser to which you can assemble kits and options to easily adapt it to the most complex needs of your production line. The SPA’s scalable features make it the only laser of its kind on the market, able to meet the coding needs of today and tomorrow at an affordable price.
SPA lasers are CO2-based coding systems that are available in both 10W and 30W versions.
The SPA laser system complies with IP54 guidelines, ensuring it stays sealed in dusty environments. It is also cooled via a reverse airflow circuit (Reverse Air Flow or RAF®) which keeps the inside free of dirt and dust. The lens receives a constant airflow that keeps it free from dust and impurities that can distort the code or mark. An IP65 option is also available.
Higher quality lenses and a vibration compensation system combine for high-resolution laser marking even on high-speed production lines. Its modular design makes it easy to perform tasks such as installing lenses, changing heads, and printing on curved or uneven surfaces via its 3D printing options.
Macsa SPA lasers can be supplied with several laser wavelengths, 9.3 µm, 10.2 µm, and 10.6 µm. While 10.6 µm is the most common, the others can be specified for specific applications - for example, 9.3 µm lasers are often used for coding on PET water bottles.
- Building your business's sustainability credentials and reducing the usage of harmful chemicals.
- Concerned about traceability for your company's products and need a reliable solution.
- Ensuring margins are maintained with efficient packaging operations.
- SPA-C laser coders produce excellent print quality on many packaging materials, without the use of harmful chemicals or solvents.
- Macsa SPA-C lasers produce codes that are not only very high quality but are also permanently part of the packaging. Perfect for industries where complete traceability is needed.
- With no downtime for replenishing consumables and very low maintenance needed, SPA lasers help keep your packaging lines running and improve efficiency.
- Dealing with downtime (and the resulting loss of efficiency) caused by maintenance and other issues with legacy printers.
- Keeping control of maintenance time and costs.
- Ensuring printed codes are in compliance with customer and regulatory mandates.
- Having to source equipment that operates in wet, dusty, cold, or hot environments.
- With zero need to stop for consumables replenishment and only occasional maintenance needed, SPA lasers reduce downtime and improve your OEE.
- Usually, the only maintenance needed for SPA lasers is filter changes and lens cleaning. These can be handled by using an ID Technology PM plan. An extended warranty is also available.
- Data for text and barcodes can be sent to the printer using our Marca software, label control software such as NiceLabel, or directly from your manufacturing database. Managing the data can be automated, reducing the chance of human error.
- As well as the standard SPA laser, these coders can be supplied in IP54 and IP65 compliant versions - ideal if your equipment has to withstand harsh conditions.
Operators & Technicians
- Operators have to learn so many different equipment interfaces - a challenge, especially for new employees.
- Many types of product coding equipment are maintenance intensive.
- Coding systems often need operator intervention to replenish consumables such as inks or ribbons.
- Getting the training needed to maintain and operate equipment correctly.
- The new HMI interface for the SPA coders is simple to use,
- SPA laser coders virtually remove the need for maintenance. Cleaning the lens and replacing the air filters periodically is normally all that is required. (your company can also purchase a preventative maintenance plan).
- Since SPA lasers don't use consumables, there is no need to stop your packaging line.
- ID Technology service technicians have all graduated from the PMMI Train the Trainer course. You will always get first-class maintenance and operator training and our local service model means help is always close by.
Contact an ID Technology Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an ID Technology account manager today to learn how our labeling and coding automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.