Many food, beverage, and other consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies need to print and apply GS1 barcode labels to their secondary packaging, often at high output rates. Traditionally there has been a compromise between throughput, efficiency, and print quality.
ID Technology's TiltTouch™ is a label application module designed for the 255 print-and-apply labeling automation system to apply one or two labels to shipping cases, bundles, or trays. The low-mass mechanical design, precision PLC, and pneumatic controls work together to reduce applicator cycle time, meaning that a single machine can often handle applications that previously needed two.
A pair of 255 systems with TiltTouch can be used in a zero-downtime configuration for maximum productivity, eliminating downtime for label and ribbon replenishment.
- Precise pneumatic control to apply labels to multiple sides of an item – front, side, or front and side.
- Rates up to 70 per minute on a single side or 35 per minute for dual side applications.
- Labels are printed in the short direction, yielding more labels per roll and extending printhead life
- More labels per roll means less downtime for label changeover or service, so you achieve more throughput.
- Print labels in the short direction yields better quality barcodes for better verification scores and reducing chances of out-of-spec barcodes and potential chargebacks.
Contact an ID Technology Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an ID Technology account manager today to learn how our labeling and coding automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.