The Model 455 is a high-speed wipe-on label printer applicator designed for use in harsh washdown environments. It is usually used to print and apply labels to corrugated cases in the protein industry.
The 455 applies labels 30-40% faster than standard tamp style applicators. The wipe-on module utilizes fans to create the vacuum needed to hold the label in place prior to application. As the product passes the applicator the label is applied and wiped down by a secondary roller. This application technique creates great adhesion with no label skew.
An optional secondary wipe can be integrated into the unit for corner wrap applications.
- Washdown enclosure protects the system during cleaning and sanitation processes.
- 30-40% Faster than standard tamp models.
- Stainless steel cabinet base has easy access for servicing.
- All major modules can be swapped in minutes.
- Label changeover from 3"x4" up to 6"x13" can be accomplished without tools.
- All settings are made through a color touch screen operator interface.
- Can be supplied as a Model 450 - without the washdown enclosure.
- Productivity (and margins) are affected by unplanned downtime when packaging equipment can't handle your production environment.
- Business is growing, but growth is slowed by bottlenecks on packaging lines.
- Constantly increasing costs of maintenance and parts.
- The ID Technology 455 print and apply labeler is designed specifically for the cold, damp conditions found in protein packaging plants and can be completely closed for washdown and sanitization.
- The special label application process allows for higher throughput than conventional labelers - helping meet goals to increase production.
- Customers who use ID Technology labels on their 455 equipment qualify for a lifetime limited parts warranty.
- Make sure your packaging equipment survives washdown and sanitation. For your team, bagging (or sometimes moving) equipment takes time and isn't always done correctly, causing more downtime.
- Meeting production demands for more output and reduced downtime.
- Ensuring your barcode labels are always printed correctly, with the right data.
- Getting the best training for your maintenance techs and line operators.
- Our 455 print and apply labeler, solves the washdown problem. Activate one switch and a stainless steel hood covers and seals the complete machine.
- The vacuum belt applicator built into the 455 is able to operate at higher output speeds than conventional tamp applicators.
- ID Technology's custom NiceLabel applications can remove human intervention from the label setup process reduce the chance for errors. In addition, barcode cameras can validate that your barcodes are correctly formatted and scannable every time.
- ID Technology service technicians are graduates of the PMMI Certified Trainer program - we provide expert training for your team.
Operators & Technicians
- Packaging equipment is always getting more complicated and often difficult to use/maintain.
- There is always pressure to reduce maintenance costs and downtime.
- You don't always get the training you need.
- All ID Technology labeling systems are of modular construction, designed to be easy for both maintenance and line operators.
- Using ID Technology labels and taking advantage of the lifetime limited parts warranty helps reduce costs and ID Technology PM service plans can reduce unplanned downtime significantly.
- Since ID Technology field service techs are all PMMI Certified Trainer program graduates, you can be assured of getting professional, comprehensive training for both operators and maintenance staff.
Contact an ID Technology Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an ID Technology account manager today to learn how our labeling and coding automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.