The Macsa iCON 3 laser has been specifically designed for small character coding applications in packaged goods and industrial products, where it offers users an affordable laser alternative to inkjet. It is reliable and easy to use and because it uses no consumables it has a low cost of ownership. It is clean; it leaves no mess and there are no solvent emissions.
The iCON 3 Laser Coder is a sophisticated CO2 laser that is environmentally friendly and energy-efficient, all at an economical price.
Upgrades to the original design include robust all-metal housing and a more efficient and reliable power supply. This model is available in both 10 and 30 Watt versions.
iCON 3 has the ability to print both linear and 2D barcodes. Static barcoding is available as standard and dynamic barcoding (where each code can be unique) is optional. This allows for the introduction of laser coding for a new lineup of applications, such as serialization, at a lower price point than in the past.
The laser can be controlled from its color touchscreen, from a computer running our Marca software, or from NiceLabel label software. This allows the laser to be installed in many production environments.
The iCON 3 is sold as a complete kit – the laser, mounting stand, lens protection, and product detect photocell are all included.
The laser coder is small and compact so that it is easy to install in even the most confined production locations. Built with proven, high-performance optics, powerful hardware and advanced, low overhead software, the iCON 2 laser is able to meet the speeds of most production lines.
- Poor quality (and removable) date coding risks damaging your brand.
- Your business is serious about the environment and sustainability and wants to eliminate harmful VOC chemicals from your operations.
- Unplanned downtime caused by legacy print technology reduces margins.
- iCON lasers produce high-quality, repeatable prints that can usually not be erased from your products.
- Laser coders don't use inks or harmful chemicals. As well as helping with your green credentials, no longer having to purchase and manage consumables reduces costs.
- Modern laser coders are virtually maintenance-free. Your maintenance techs can concentrate of solving other problems.
- Downtime and mess caused by legacy product coding technology.
- Being assured of high-quality codes on your products, help with regulatory compliance and keeps customers happy.
- Constant cleaning on lines with continuous inkjet printers.
- Cost of maintenance and parts for older printers.
- A modern laser coder like the iCON, needs very little maintenance support - usually just occasional filter change and lens cleaning.
- The codes that a laser coder produces are of consistently high quality and are a permanent part of the package. Perfect for compliance and for being easy to read.
- With no inks, there is zero mess created by iCON lasers.
- With very low maintenance requirements, an iCON laser can help with keeping your need for parts as low as possible.
Operators & Technicians
- Lasers can be complicated to set up and operate.
- Cleaning date coders takes up too much of the day.
- It can be difficult to create a new print message if one is needed.
- Sometimes it seems to be so hard to get good training.
- The iCON laser was specially designed to be a simple replacement for inkjet coders. For the operators, the touch-screen HMI shows just the basic functions needed to select messages, send to the laser, and start production.
- With an iCON laser, cleaning consists of simply cleaning dirt or dust from the lens from time to time. No ink spills or mess to worry about.
- With the iCON (and the other Macsa lasers), the HMI comes with templates that can really help you design your print messages and get into production quickly.
- Here at ID Technology, all our field service technicians are graduates of the PMMI Certified Trainer program. You can be assured that you'll get the best possible training for both maintenance techs and for production operators.
Contact an ID Technology Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an ID Technology account manager today to learn how our labeling and coding automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.